| BRDM-2 Malyutka-M|
|Variant(s)||BRDM-2 Malyutka-P, BRDM-2 Konkur|
|Armor||Front 1 / Side 0 / Rear 0 / Top 0|
|Fuel Capacity||300 L|
|Operational Range||750 km|
The BRDM-2 Malyutka-M (Russian: БРДМ-2 Малютка-М) is a Soviet tank destroyer, designed to be a fast and cheap tank hunter capable of dealing with heavy armour.
Based on the BRDM-2 chassis, the Malyutka-M is a mixed bag of pros and cons.
Overview and tacticsEdit
- At 30 points and with a speed of 70km/h as well as an operational range of 750 km, the Maltuya-M can reach nearly any place inside a map, its fuel consumption being quite efficient.
- Unfortunately the units inaccurate missile and mediocre armour ruins what would otherwise have been an excellent tank hunter, its accuracy of 4 means that most of its 12 missiles will fail to hit anything.
- On the other hand, there is always the morale damage dealt by missiles; 12 missiles can do a passable job breaking an enemy formation morale.
- As noted before, the BRDM-2 Malyutka-M armour is found lacking, with only 1 in the front and the other sides having 0 value, in order to allow this unit to survive it's better to rely on its high mobility.
- (Wargame EE) Not the best unit in the Soviet armoury, but it still allows the chance to open the BRDM-2 tree.
After few years of exploitation of BRDM-1 by the Soviet Army its limitations and drawbacks became obvious. The vehicle had no turret and to operate the armament the gunner had to open a hatch and expose himself to enemy fire. The vehicle wasn't fitted with an NBC protection system, and had no night vision equipment by default. The vehicle also didn't have any kind of special sights which undermined its usability as a reconnaissance vehicle. These drawbacks encouraged the design team to create a new vehicle which would suit the modern battlefield.