Celer et Audax
|Armor||Front 0 / Side 0 / Rear 0 / Top 0|
|Type||Airborne, Mechanized, Armored, Motorized, Support|
|Battle Rifle||L1A1 SLR (7.62mm)|
|LAW||M72 LAW (66mm HEAT)|
|“|| You'll be blind without us!|
- Green Jacket soldier
The Royal Green Jackets was an infantry regiment of the British Army, one of two "large regiments" within the Light Division.
The Royal Green Jackets was formed in 1966 by the amalgamation of the three separate regiments of the Green Jackets Brigade:
- 1st Green Jackets, (43rd and 52nd)
- 2nd Green Jackets, The King's Royal Rifle Corps
- 3rd Green Jackets, The Rifle Brigade
There were also two Territorial Army battalions made up as follows
- 4th(V) Bn Royal Green Jackets - formed from the remnants of the Rangers (KRRC), London Rifle Brigade, Tower Hamlets Rifles, Queens Westminsters, Queen Victoria's Rifles and Civil Service Rifles.
- 5th(V) Bn Royal Green Jackets - formed from the 4th Bn the Oxfordshire & Buckinghamshire Light Infantry (TA) and the Buckinghamshire Battalion of the Ox & Bucks Light Infantry
In 1992 1st RGJ was disbanded and 2/RGJ and 3/RGJ renumbered 1/RGJ and 2/RGJ respectively. The last ever Royal Green Jackets unit was the London Oratory CCF who were rebadged as Irish Guards in 2010.
The regiment's greatest loss of life came on 20 July 1982 when seven RGJ bandsmen were killed by a Provisional Irish Republican Army bomb which exploded during a public concert featuring the music from Oliver! to 120 people at the bandstand in Regents Park.
They can be brought on the battlefield on land with a FV603 Saracen or a FV103 Spartan, or by air with a Lynx AH.1 and its armed variant the Lynx AH.7. They are armed with a LAW type launcher, the inaccurate M72, for short range anti-tank duty, and the L1A1 SLR Rifle. 8 reinforcements can be brought on the battlefield. Like all recon platoons, they are moving at 23km/h instead of the usual 18, and have very good optics.
Available transports Edit
Airland Battle Edit
- FV103 Spartan
- FV603 Sarcen
- Lynx AH.1
- Lynx AH.7
- Lynx AH.7 20mm
Red Dragon Edit
- Puma HC.1
Red Dragon Edit