|Armor||Front 0 / Side 0 / Rear 0 / Top 0|
|Assault RIfle||Type 68 (7.62mm)|
|LMG||Type 73 LMG (7.62mm)|
The North Korean Jihwi-Ban is one of the new command squad type infantry units that appears in Wargame: Red Dragon.
The Jihwi-Ban Command Squad functions similarly to all other command squads in the game. Costing 105 deployment points on their own (not including the vehicle which can vary), they are fairly effective when hidden away in the sectors they control.
Armed with Type 60 assault rifles and Type 73 light machine rifles, Jihwi-Bans are able to hold down sectors when positioned in buildings or hidden inside of forests.
While they are good against infantry in a one-on-one situation, they should always be supported and protected at all times. This can be easily achieved by placing friendly AA (anti-air) vehicles or infantry to deal with enemies in the skies, while having ATGM (anti-tank guided missile) units for removal of enemy vehicles that draw near.
You shouldn't have to worry if they are well hidden, even more so if you have supporting infantry units hidden as well nearby. If a problem does occur or persists, moving them to a safer location is always the best option.
Deployment Choices (Vehicles)Edit
- ZIL-130: Basic North Korean infantry transport truck/unit; it has a great fuel capacity as well as good autonomy for a transport unit. It also sports a great road speed, but has no way to defend itself and can be easily destroyed. Its cost is 100 + 5 = 105 deployment points.
- BTR-60P: North Korean infantry armored transport unit; it sports great strength, speed, road speed, as well as fuel capacity, while it also has a good autonomy; it is also amphibious and can transverse rivers at a moderate speed. While being lightly armored, it can still defend itself against light infantry attacks with its NSVT Machine Gun. Its cost is 100 + 10 = 110 DP.
- BTR-60PB: Similar to the BTR-60P, it is an armored infantry carrier unit. It sports primarily all the same stats as the former, however the 60PB is outfitted with the KPVT auto-cannon while has a great firing distance and HE power, it also has a moderate firing speed. Its cost is 100 + 15 = 115 DP.
- Mi-8: The last option available, while being the most expensive out of the four, it is the only air transport available for use. It boasts only in two factors, its movement speed as well as the ability to transverse over mountains, forests and other obstructions. It can defend itself with its 5-5M rocket launchers, but do not rely on it too much. Its big size and poor stealth is also an issue. Its cost is 100 + 25 = 125 DP.
- Zhǐ huī bān ( Chinese Command Squad )