"I need support immediately!"
Please refer to the talk page for further discussion.
Land based recon units have enhanced stealth features which reduces the range at which enemy units can detect them; however they are inhibited by normal line of sight rules.
Helicopter scouts do not have enhanced stealth capabilities, but with the use of the "Change Altitude command" they can increase their sight range at the cost of exposing itself to enemy vision. Be forewarned when deploying armed recon units, as weapons fire will negate their stealth.
- Recon (Vehicle): Fast moving recon vehicle. Possesses primitive weapons for personal defense. Usually fitted with very good optics.
- Armored Recon: Armored recon vehicle. Possess basic anti-infantry/anti-tank weapons.
- Recon Helicopter: Aerial recon vehicle. Usually fitted with very good optics.
- Recon Team/Special Forces: Infantry units that provide recon.
- Recon APC: Recon Vehicle that has the capability to transport Recon Infantry
Recon should be postioned depending on which recon unit you command.
Mobile recon such as recon, armored recon and aerial recon can both loiter areas to pick up recon and support friendly forces nearby by supplying frontline recon.
However, slow and weak recon units such as all recon infantry and some recon vehicles should stay in areas and defend them by keeping overwatch on hostiles or be postioned to employ ambushes and stealth attacks.