| Type 59-I|
|Class||Main battle tank|
|Armor||Front 7 / Side 3 / Rear 2 / Top 2|
|Road Speed||110 km/h|
|Fuel Capacity||1100 L|
|Type||Marine, Mechanized, Armored, Motorized, Support|
|Main Gun||T69-II (100mm, KE, AoE)|
The Type 59-I is a Main Battle Tank used by the People's Republic of China. It is a development of the original Type 59 (clone of T-54A)
The ZTZ-59-I was a improvement of Norinco's original Type 59 design (which was a licensed copy of the Soviet T-54 tank), which by the dawn of the '70s had become somewhat obsolete even according to Chinese military standards. The new tank would include new features such as a laser-range finder and primitive fire control system, making it more able to compete with the newer generation NATO and Soviet MBTs (e.g. T-62 and Leopard 1). The tank entered mass production in the '70s, and would be manufactured in numerous different armor and fire control configurations during the decade.
- Chinese equivalent of Soviet Union's T-55 tank, a reliable workhorse in any Chinese player's army.
- Useful in mass numbers, cheap price means it could be used in large offensives.
- Better gun than its Soviet counterpart, the T69-II cannon properly used could penetrate most medium-tier enemy armor at close-medium range.
- Comes with a T54 machine gun despite its ridiculously cheap price (same price as the T-55A, but with better guns and top armor value).
- Cheap price also means it could be useful as auxiliary support and special purpose units.
- Decent anti-air value for its price. (top armor value of 2)