| Type 59-IIA|
|Class||Main battle tank|
|Armor||Front 9 / Side 4 / Rear 3 / Top 2|
|Road Speed||110 km/h|
|Fuel Capacity||1360 L|
|Type||Marine, Mechanized, Armored, Motorized, Support|
|Main Gun||T83 (105mm, KE, AoE)|
The Type 59-IIA is a Main Battle Tank used by the People's Republic of China. It is a development of the Type 59-II.
Type 59-II with improved Main gun and addition of some composite armor for better efficiency and protection. The ZTZ-59-IIA's new T83 gun matches the performance of most Western and Soviet tanks of its era (including the M1 Abrams and Leopard 2), although its armor upgrades are insufficient to bring the tank up-to-date in that area with either the M1 or Leopard; This was a result of the development of completely new designs, such as the Type 80 and Type 90 series MBTs.
- Boosted frontal armor value of +2 and side armor value of +1 from previous designs.
- Decent accuracy and HE power
- Same vulnerability to air attacks as nearly all MBTs of this price range
- Slow road-speed for its class
- 2600 rounds of MG ammunition could last some time against enemy infantry.